Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Season

When I think of Christmas I think of Christ and his birth... I think of his mission on this Earth and his ultimate sacrifice for me. My brother died for me because he loved me more than anything and wanted me to have the opportunity to return home someday to our Father in Heaven. He gave his life so that I could be forgiven for my shortcomings, my rants and complaints about things in this life. He died for me... and that is the point of this Christmas season. Have we ever loved someone enough to do that for them or just be willing to sacrifice a night of hanging with our husbands so they can play video games. Hehe. Sometimes I think some things in life aren't fair, that health issues stink, and sometimes I think patience is one of the last things I have. When coming to a New Year I think of so many things I could change and so many things I could do to serve others. When I think of Christmas I think of my grandpa singing with us on Christmas Eve...(he is gone now but it is a great memory.) When I think of Christmas I think of love, tamales, singing with the ones I love, being together with family even if we aren't even doing anything. This season is my favorite and I am grateful to have a Savior who loved me enough to die for me, I am grateful to have a husband who is there for me even when I have bad days or have a bad temper sometimes, I am grateful for a family that I know will always be there for me through thick and thin and I am especially grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and helps me through this life. I want my grandma to know I miss her (she has been gone for almost 3 years) she was one of my best friends. I hope all of you out there have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I beseech you to make a list of the things you are grateful for and always remember those things.

No comments: